Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may conduct the Contest concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned and not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during the Contest as announced on the affected station. Participating stations are listed above.
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
Dates of Contest: The Contest will begin and end on or about 8/23/2010 through 9/5/2010.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of being selected as a finalist depend upon the number of participants. Odds of a finalist winning the Grand Prize are 1:10,000. Odds of a finalist winning the Bonus Prize are 1:1,000. How to Enter – On-Line Entry: Visiting the participating radio station’s website during the “Registration Period” and click the contest entry button to connect to the contest registration page. Each entrant must fully complete the registration page with all required information, along with their guess of the winning 4-digit number (the random 4-digit winning number pre-selected for this contest – see below). After having read and agreed to these Official Rules, click the submit button to submit your on-line entry. All on-line entries must be fully complete for all required information.
Any available opt-in opportunities are not required to enter the Contest, and checking the opt-in boxes will not improve your chances of winning. By participating and submitting an entry, contestant agrees that sponsors and participating parties are authorized to contact entrant via email, mail, phone or any other form of media to make contestant aware of information pertinent to the contest, and to distribute information regarding the Sponsor(s) featured products, special events or promotional offers, or purchase incentives. Contestants may opt-out of any further email communication at any time by simply replying REMOVE to any email message, or following the provided opt-out instructions.
Any on-line entry submitted with an invalid email address will be disqualified. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, or for entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules, or for any entry not submitted or received due to any technical error or failure, human or programming errors, unauthorized human intervention, inaccurate capture or mis-entry of any required information, or the failure to capture any such information for any reason, or effects of hackers or failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions and/or network connections; all of which will be disqualified.
Each participant must submit an entry on his/her own behalf. Any entry submitted on behalf of another individual or using another person’s email address or name will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries allowed by using same, multiple/different email addresses, identities, or any other methods void that participant's entries and that participant may be disqualified. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all such entries will be deemed void.
In the event of a dispute as to any on-line registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant and he/she must be eligible according to these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. All entries received become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. How to Play: The predetermined grand prize winning 4-digit number will be randomly pre-selected prior to the start of the contest by an independent promotions company. The winning 4-digit number will then be placed into a sealed security envelope prior to the start of the contest registration period, and will be held during the contest registration period by representatives of the Sponsor. Each digit within the winning number shall fall between 0 – 9, inclusive and the winning number may be any number between 0000 – 9999, inclusive. Numbers may repeat within the 4-digit winning number.
At the conclusion of the contest registration period, the contest administrator will randomly select 10 entries as the official finalists for the contest. These will be the only entries that count towards the grand prize. Each finalist’s 4-digit number guess will be compared to the predetermined winning 4-digit number contained in the sealed prize envelope.
How to Win the Grand Prize: In order to be eligible to claim the Grand Prize (see below), an eligible finalist must have correctly guessed the predetermined grand prize winning number by correctly guessing each digit in the 4-digit winning number in their exact winning order. For example, if the winning number was ‘1234’, then a submitted number guess of ‘4321’ would not be considered a winning entry or attempt.
If the grand prize winning 4-digit number is not correctly guessed in its exact winning order by an eligible contestant during the registration period, according to these official rules, then the grand prize will not be awarded.
How to Win the Bonus Prize: In order to be eligible to claim the Bonus Prize (see below), an eligible finalist must have correctly guessed the first 3 numeric digits of the winning 4-digit number match in their exact winning order. For example, if the winning number was ‘1234’, then a submitted number guess of ‘1-2-3-5’ would be considered a winning Bonus Prize entry or attempt.
If the Bonus Prize winning 3-digit number is not correctly guessed in its exact winning order by an eligible contestant during the registration period, according to these official rules, then the Bonus Prize will not be awarded.
Released parties, including each individual contest administrator, are not responsible for any incorrect or mistaken announcement of the actual winning 4-digit number assigned to a particular contest attempt; or for any miscommunication between the contestant and the contest administrator regarding the actual 4-digit winning number.
2. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
Grand Prize – Maximum of (3) prize awards: In the event a winning entry is submitted by an eligible contestant, the corresponding contestant who submitted the winning entry will be eligible to claim the grand prize, subject to approval and verification of compliance with these official rules. The Grand Prize is: $50,000. A maximum of three (3) Grand Prizes will be awarded. In the event that more than (3) eligible contestants submit a winning entry during the contest, the cash value of the grand prizes will be evenly distributed among all eligible winning contestant(s). In the event that no contestant submits a winning number guess, then the Grand Prize will not be awarded.
Bonus Prize – Maximum of (5) prize awards: In the event a winning 3-digit entry is submitted by an eligible contestant, the corresponding contestant who submitted the winning entry will be eligible to claim the Bonus Prize, subject to approval and verification of compliance with these official rules. The Bonus Prize is: $1,000.00. A maximum of five (5) Bonus Prizes will be awarded. In the event that more than (5) eligible contestants submit a winning 3-digit entry during the contest, the cash value of the Bonus Prizes will be evenly distributed among all eligible winning contestant(s). In the event that no contestant submits a winning 3-digit number guess, then the Bonus Prize will not be awarded.
Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. No cash equivalent for prize will be awarded. Prize is nontransferable. If a winner cannot be contacted, is disqualified, or the prize is not claimed within 90 days of the first attempted notification to the winner, the Company reserves the right to not award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents at least 18-years old as determined by the Company and reside in the Station’s Total Survey Area (TSA). A parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest. Only one (1) prize per household from any of the Company’s stations within any thirty (30) day period. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms is permitted.
5. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
6. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any miscommunication by on-air announcer or off-air station employee, typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the contest or in the announcement of the prizes/prize winners.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or mail a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to the Station’s address, listed above. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. To be removed from our direct mail, email or fax lists, visit the main office of the Station during regular business hours, or send a self addressed stamped envelope with contest name to Clear Channel Radio Contesting, 1906 Highland Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45219.
10. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.
11. Winners List: For a copy of Official Rules or a list of prize winner(s), if any, send a self addressed, stamped envelope to Clear Channel, 7601 Riviera Blvd, Miramar, FL 33023. PLEASE SPECIFY which you are requesting. Requests must be received by 8/25/10.
12. Contest Sponsor/Administrator: This contest is administered by Clear Channel, 7601 Riviera Blvd, Miramar, FL 33023